myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "mvn site" speed
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:07:13 GMT
On 9/22/06, Jesse Alexander (KSFD 121)
<alexander.jesse@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Why don't you do svn updates?

I had too many issues in the past where this didn't catch everything.
  Maybe it's not so much of an issue now that we've finally settled on
a directory layout, but every other bug report was "fixed" by having
to do a clean checkout.

> and could it be that using mvn site it downloads mvn-plugins that
> somehow
> don't make it into the cache? Or has it to do with the deep dependency
> structure?

Could be.

My knowledge of maven is "mvn clean install" followed by "mvn
eclipse:eclipse"   And when I'm feeling really advanced, I do "rm -rf
E:\maven\repository"