myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From alexeinov <alexei.novi...@combitech.se>
Subject JScookMenu is not rendered with Facelets
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:03:13 GMT

I'm trying to use JSCookMenu in an application that is based on Trinidad and
Facelets, it does not work.

JScookMenu will not render at all. I followed recommendations of MyFaces
Wiki  http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Use_Facelets_with_Tomahawk
Use_Facelets_with_Tomahawk  and included tomahawk.taglib.xml in my WEB-INF.
After that, I checked if other Tomahawk components work, they did work. I
checked if JSCookMenu works at all with Trinidad.

I switched off Facelets and put the same menu sample into JSP, it did work.
That made me think that it's a combination of JSCookMenu and Facelets that
does not get along well. Have anybody experienced the same problem?

Here is my facelet that does not work
	  			xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
	  			xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
	  			xmlns:t="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk">
	<h:form>
    <t:jscookMenu layout="hbr" theme="ThemeOffice"
styleLocation="css/jscookmenu">
    <t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_53"
        itemLabel="Apache MyFaces Home" action="http://myfaces.apache.org"
/>

	</t:jscookMenu>
	</h:form>

And JSP that works
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t"%>

<f:view>
	<h:form>
    <t:jscookMenu layout="hbr" theme="ThemeOffice"
styleLocation="css/jscookmenu">
    <t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_53"
        itemLabel="Apache MyFaces Home" action="http://myfaces.apache.org"
/>