myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Heads Up on Shale Test Framework API Change
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:13:16 GMT
We're looking at implementing a suggestion[1] to change the API on the
setUp() and tearDown() methods of
org.apache.shale.test.base.AbstractJsfTestCase, to add "throws Exception" to
the method signatures.  The primary goal is to be consistent with the
underlying TestCase class from JUnit 3.8.1, and to allow test developers to
go ahead and let JUnit handle exceptions here like you often do when you add
"throws Exception" to individual test methods.

Implementing this change, of course, will cause all existing test cases that
extend this base class to not compile.  Looking at the MyFaces and Trinidad
codebases, there are indeed a few such tests (although not a gigantic
number).  What I propose to do is to make the change in the Shale code, and
then fix the test cases in MyFaces and Trinidad and check those in too
(since I'm a committer on both repositories).

Does anyone see any problem with me doing this (probably over the weekend at
some point)?

Craig McClanahan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-249