myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: status from the dojo update
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 07:24:03 GMT
Wendy Smoak schrieb:
> On 8/18/06, Werner Punz <werpu@gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> Sorry I was not fully aware of that, I have been absent due
>> to health reasons for a while, until Gerald started
>> bugging me about the pending update.
>
> I saw that-- you have my sympathies.  :(  If I had not been introduced
> to Kinesis keyboards and Cirque touchpads last summer, I probably
> wouldn't be typing now.
>
> BTW, if anyone has been away for a while, we have a status document now:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/current/STATUS.txt
>
>> Tomahawk core itself is not affected by those issues, since dojo is
>> sandbox only and nothing of the core references ít for now.
>
> I just noticed that.  Okay, since the sandbox code isn't part of the
> release, we can still go with the latest trunk when we're ready.  It's
> probably at least a week away at this point.

Ok, after the release, I will start to push dojo down into the Tomahawk
core.

My plan is...
new dojo release, wait 1-2 months for things to settle down
then upgrade in tomahawk after a major release.
If that is ok with everybody.
The thing is, the self written Dojo interfaces seem to be stable and
bugfree no significant changes since the last two months, and the
upgrade went mostly painless with only fixes on the javascript side.
We need the lib in the core now, because we then can start to remove a
lot of old not well working DHTML legacy code with Dojo controls or classes.

Also I will open a list in the wiki which will document which control
uses dojo and who the current core maintainer of the control is.
So that we will get some structure in.

Also after that we should think about deprecation of some of the
Tomahawk controls, we often have two controls doing the same
and now a third dojo based implementation which often is better
then ours.