myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with building Tomahawk source form svn with mvn
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:12:54 GMT
On 8/22/06, Danimal <dan.c.doyle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Next issue: where are the jars after I do a "mvn install". I see that the
> code compiled and I got a success back from mvn (see below).

Look under target/ in the module you're interested in.  The jar or war
will be there, in addition to having been installed in your local
Maven repository.  I've moved mine by changing settings.xml, I believe
the default is ${user.home}/.m2/repository.

> I still can't find a definitve source on how this should work.

Where did you look, so that we can add links where it should have been? :)

I found this path, but I already knew it was on the Wiki:
   Home Page -> Wiki -> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Building_With_Maven

> Hopefully, I will have the whole process ironed out today. Once this occurs,
> I hope to be in the clear for future builds of other Apache tools, including
> the MyFaces codebase.

Welcome!  Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve to get through with
Maven and Subversion.  Please do improve the 'Building' wiki page if
you have time.  (You'll need to register an account to gain edit
access to the wiki.)

--
Wendy