myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject The Tomahawk 1.1.4 branch
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:21:35 GMT
After Core 1.1.4 is done, should we delete the tomahawk branch that
was created on June 21st, and re-copy it from the 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT
trunk?

I think there have been several changes on the trunk that ought to be
in the next release, and it's probably easier to start over.

Which brings up another point.  IMO, after the branch, development
should continue on the trunk, and changes should be merged to the
branch if they absolutely must be in the release.

To me, the branch exists to protect the release from late breaking
changes, but I've seen posts that promote the opposite, applying fixes
to the branch and merging them back to the trunk.

If you plan to work on the Tomahawk release, which way do you prefer to do it?

--
Wendy