myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: s:secure
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:52:26 GMT

On 8/16/06, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then the only remaining issue is that with our suggestion, the
> rendered-attribute might contain references to both security related
> conditions _and_ other conditions - so a clear separation might not be
> provided by this.

Can be handled by multiple panelGroups if it's required.

> An <s:secure/>-tag might be more explicit

I think the real question is where to draw the line.    Should we
really be maintaining a component that only works for a subset of the
cases and only saves a few characters of typing?   I'd recommend that
someone who strongly feels the need for such a component start using
Facelets and implement s:secure as template that generates the
panelGroup tag :-)

Maintaining a "real" component is a lot of work under JSP and the
benefits of this particular component are trivial in my opinion.

<facelet-taglib>
   <namespace>">http://www.mycompany.com/jsf</namespace>
   <tag>
   <tag-name>secure</tag-name>
   <source>/WEB-INF/tags/secureComponent.xhtml</source>
   </tag>
</facelet-taglib>