myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Tomahawk 1.1.4 branch
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:13:51 GMT
> The branch already exists.  Changing the version number to (for
> example) 1.1.3.1-SNAPSHOT, fixing a single important bug, and
> releasing it quickly would be much better than starting over from the
> trunk, getting distracted by other changes, and having it drag on for
> weeks.

And if we're not going to do something like this, then there's little
point in users reporting bugs on older versions.   We might as well
tell them up front that they need to upgrade to the latest version and
verify that the bug exists because we're not patching the older
versions.

I've already started doing this for all 1.1.3 and earlier issues since
I don't see us fixing anything in those branches.