myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facelets & Tomahawk
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:10:57 GMT
On 8/3/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's that "unit test" vs "integration test" thing again.   Your
> > example will show that facelets works as an integration test, but
> > isn't really as comprehensive as having a facelets example for every
> > component.
>
> Yes a facelets example for every component wouldn't hurt.  Also,
> Wendy's work with the Selenium tests on Shale looks promising.  Maybe
> we could "automate" some tests of our own.

Yes, I think that we could probably change our examples so that the
"body" of each example is created once, and then the specific
jsp/jspx/facelets headers and footers are added.

There are going to be some examples where this isn't sufficient, but
it'll take care of most of them.

It's one of those things that's on my todo list once a "day" has been
redefined to 72 hours :)

On 8/4/06, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> As for the generator - can we check if the Trinidad generator can do
> the work for us?

I'm sure it could -- it already has implicit facelets support.  We
could also use Thomas's generator, or the MyFaces generator.  However,
I think we'd be a lot better off picking one generator to do
everything rather than supporting multiple ones.   The Clay folks also
want to have their config files autogenerated.