myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Cagatay Civici" <cagatay.civ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: s:secure
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:03:59 GMT

> I think the real question is where to draw the line.    Should we
> really be maintaining a component that only works for a subset of the
> cases and only saves a few characters of typing?   I'd recommend that
> someone who strongly feels the need for such a component start using
> Facelets and implement s:secure as template that generates the
> panelGroup tag :-)

Typing less and reduced effort is what ROR guys are proud of nowadays:) I
still think using multiple panel groups looks like a hack and we should
consider not everyone is a facelets user.

One user may like using EL or another user may like s:secure. In the end the
whole idea is to provide out of the box features for security and reduce the
amount of work and time of myfaces users that they need to enable security.

Cagatay