myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Heads Up on Shale Test Framework API Change
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:25:30 GMT
forward b/c of cross-posting ;)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>
Date: Aug 11, 2006 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: Heads Up on Shale Test Framework API Change
To: adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org

see inline

> We're looking at implementing a suggestion[1] to change the API on the
> setUp() and tearDown() methods of
> org.apache.shale.test.base.AbstractJsfTestCase, to add
> "throws Exception" to the method signatures.  The primary goal is to be

will you cover the jmock testcase for that too?

> consistent with the underlying TestCase class from JUnit 3.8.1, and to allow
> test developers to go ahead and let JUnit handle exceptions here like you
> often do when you add "throws Exception" to individual test methods.

*consistent* means "only" adding the Exception stuff, since the
methods are protected in JUnit

<snip>
protected void setUp()
              throws java.lang.Exception
</snip>

> Implementing this change, of course, will cause all existing test cases that
> extend this base class to not compile.  Looking at the MyFaces and Trinidad
> codebases, there are indeed a few such tests (although not a gigantic
> number).  What I propose to do is to make the change in the Shale code, and
> then fix the test cases in MyFaces and Trinidad and check those in too
> (since I'm a committer on both repositories).

cool. When I read this mail, I was thinking, that I had to change that
all, since I created the dependencys on 103-SNAP both repositories :)

> Does anyone see any problem with me doing this (probably over the weekend at
> some point)?

well, you have my (binding) +1 on that, but we should not start shale
voting on guest lists ;)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf