myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <den...@dbyrne.net>
Subject Re: Core 1.1.4
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:01:53 GMT
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/branches/1_1_4/impl/pom.xml?view=markup

It's pointed to the snap shot.

  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.shared</groupId>
  <artifactId>myfaces-shared-impl</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

Dennis Byrne

feel this should hold up a release.

>> >We should have a unit test for each new commit ... during the complete
>> >refactoring I am doing on Trinidad, I am *very*! happy to have such a
>> >huge amount of test cases. That make my refactoring life very
>> >comfortalbe!
>>
>> There was a time when I didn't feel this way.  The spec means static requirements,
so far less need for testing.

>> But today core is a field of landmines.  The relationship between cost and quality
is exponential on every project, and we are definetly paying a lot these days in order to
squeeze out the last 5% of defects in this piece of software.  Four of five fixes result in
another bug.

>> Dennis Byrne
>>
>> >-Matthias

If