myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [Renderers] HtmlRenderer / CoreRenderer ( and XhtmlRenderer)
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:45:44 GMT
Hi Matthias!
> I introduced three "helper" methods to shared's HtmlRenderer
> (renderId(), getClientId(), shouldRender()). These methods are taken
> CoreRenderer (Apache Trinidad Podling).
Great! Though, why will a renderer override the resulting clientId?

> I figured out, that some Renderer's extend JSF' Renderer and some
> HtmlRenderer.
> I think we should define a clear "rule" on what base_clazz we should
> build our custom stuff.
If we have a base class we should use it, for sure.
Maybe we (=you ;-) ) can start setup a wiki page about the rules how to
code in MyFaces land?

And yes, lets get rid of static utility classes where it makes sense. I
am not totally against them, but often we put too much stuff into them.

Ciao,
Mario