myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: Client Validation Design Discussion
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:15:43 GMT
Hi Cagatay!
> There are two method getJsFunction() and getParams() that must be
> implemented by extended validators so which design seem more convenient?
>
> * Using an IClientSideValidator which will be implemented by extended
> validators marking them capable of doing validation at client side.
>
> or
>
> * Using ValidatorBase class which is the parent of all extended
> validator and declare the two methods as abstract.
>
> I've chosen the abstract class instead of the validator although all
> the design patterns books say favor composition over inheritance:)
> Because the plan is to make all the extended validators capable of
> client side.
But the same books say that "instanceof" is a no-no, no? ;-)

So I'll say lets add it to the ValidatorBase - but not as abstract
methods, else you'll break any other validator out there using
ValidatorBase as super class.
And it is not a requirement to support the JS stuff.

I think, this is not that bad a design and makes it very clear that the
JS stuff is supported by tomahawk core.

my 2ct

Ciao,
Mario