myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@hookom.net
Subject RE: Ids in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:03:20 GMT
I'm not completely sure how Ed has setup the JSF JSP tags, but Facelets goes purely off of
the expectation that the UIViewRoot will always produce a new unique value.

When we bring in concepts like JspIdConsumer, which Facelets has too with TagIds-- but it's
only internal to the [Tag]Handler and shouldn't need to be used as identifiers on the resulting
output.

Basically, each invocation of the Tag, the page's [Jsp]Id will be assigned.  The Tomcat 6
stuff I worked on does something like:

[URI HASH] + [POS OF TAG] + [COUNTER UNIQUE TO THIS TAG]

The reason for this is repeatability for mark'n'sweep processing.  We'd like to be able to
compare set identifiers on the component model for succeeding passes to know when a component
is brought in our out of the Component Tree while allowing for JSTL/Control tags in the page.

Facelets instead sets a unique Attribute on the UIComponent, leaving the actual ID up to the
UIViewRoot/Impl.

-- Jacob