myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413390 - /myfaces/current12/pom.xml
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:07:47 GMT
On 6/12/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought the point of this external was to allow developers to see
> all MyFaces source code with one simple checkout/udpate.  The
> "current" external does this now - it includes tomahawk, tobago, etc.
>
> My understanding was that the current12 would just substitute the core
> 1.2 branch for the trunk but leave everything else the same.

The problem with the original svn:externals definition was that 'core'
was listed twice, so that commits were going to myfaces/core/trunk in
error, even though you *thought* you had checked out the jsf12 branch.

Including the trunks of the other sub-projects is okay as long as
people are aware that they're working on the trunks of tomahawk, etc.,
and don't start introducing changes that are incompatible with JSF
1.1.  (Or is that not really an issue?)

--
Wendy