myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r412536 - in /myfaces/maven/branches/1_0_3: master-pom/pom.xml pom.xml
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:08:14 GMT
On 6/7/06, schof@apache.org <schof@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: schof
> Date: Wed Jun  7 13:54:49 2006
> New Revision: 412536

> Log:
> changing distribution management so artifacts are published in myfaces repo (from there
they can be signed and copied to apache repo for mirrroring)

Sean, have you actually done this with Maven 2?  Struts is in a
similar situation, we're deploying test builds to
maven-snapshot-repository.

After talking to Brett about how to 'promote' artifacts to the release
repo, I don't think copying them will work.  The Maven repo contains
metadata about what versions are available, and to get those xml files
updated, you have to deploy with Maven.

We need a plugin that retrieves an artifact from one repo and deploys
it to another.  For now I'm planning to use 'mvn deploy:deploy-file'
on individual artifacts to correctly add them to the release repo.

--
Wendy