myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r411405 - /myfaces/core/branches/jsf12/api/pom.xml
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:05:58 GMT
On 6/3/06, Dennis Byrne <dennis@dbyrne.net> wrote:

> I had to download glassfish and put lib/jaavee.jar in my local repo, as well as a jetty
jar containing the servlet api ( 2.5 ).  The javax.el package classes are in javaee.jar .
 I'm pretty sure javax.el is not on the web, so I think we are each stuck with our own javaee.jar
related hacks .

The Servlet 2.5 api is available in the java.net repo, and I thought
all the Glassfish jars were as well.

        <repository>
            <id>java.net</id>
            <name>java.net Maven 1 Repository</name>
            <url>https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository</url>
            <layout>legacy</layout>
        </repository>

I don't see anything for 'javax.el' or the javaee.jar, though. :(  If
Jetty has it in a Maven 2 repo, I'd use that one.  BTW, both the impl
and api poms still declare servlet-api 2.3.

If you go ahead and add the dependencies to the pom, then all we have
to do is 'mvn install:install-file'.  Maven prints out a message that
says what to do.

Looking at the contents of javaee.jar, I'd go with:

   <dependency>
      <groupId>javax</groupId>
      <artifactId>javaee</artifactId>
      <version>5.0</version>