myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: redirect navigation rule and request scoped data
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:54:53 GMT
I had in mind something like this:

<navigation-rule>
  <from-view-id>*</from-view-id>
  <navigation-case>
    <from-outcome>gotoEditPerson</from-outcome>
    <to-view-id>/person/edit.jspx(personId)</to-view-id>
  <navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

See the <to-view-id>: that view declares that it "wants" a personId
parameter. The place where this syntax should be interpreted is the
NavigationHandler, which is also the place where redirection caused by
<redirect/> tag is executed.. this way the NavigationHandler could
"save" only the parameters that the destination page declare to accept
(it could of course save other objects not declared like the locale).

Maybe I'm obsessed with strong type checking, but I'd really like
having my views declaring their interface (input parameters).. :-)

Ciao
Cosma