myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "raindrop dadawa" <flyingdad...@hotmail.com>
Subject Myfaces Samples 500 error on Weblogic Server
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:09:09 GMT
Hi,
I am sorry to report my problem here.

I downloaded Myfaces exsamples from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/myfaces/binaries/myfaces-1.1.1-examples.zip.

And I deployed simple.war and sandbox.war on WebLogic Server 9.x. The
samples works
quite well. But if I try to access [SOURCE] hyperlink, I always got a 500
error
caused by NullPointerException:

Error 500--Internal Server Error
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:103)
  at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:66)
  at
org.apache.myfaces.util.servlet.SourceCodeServlet.doGetSourceCodeServlet.java:49)

And then I downloaded
"org.apache.myfaces.util.servlet.SourceCodeServlet.java"
and found this snippet:

String realPath =
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRealPath(webPage);
in = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(realPath));

Well, as to getRealPath(String) method, Servlet Specification V2.4 said at
SRV 14.2.8.1:

"This method returns null if the servlet container cannot translate the
virtual
path to a real path for any reason (such as when the content is being made
available
from a .war archive)."

So, my question is how can I get these samples work on WebLogic Server?

Sorry again for reporting my problem here bause I cannot find Myfaces
product on
bug entering page of Apache bugzilla.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regard.