myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: Make DummyForm RI compatible
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:55:56 GMT
Hi Martin!
> so if there is no form in the parent-tree - you just render a form
> around the link itself?
yes.
> I really don't like the dummyForm stuff at all anymore.
+1 - so my proposed solution will provide a slow migration away from it.

> At the end, I want to find a solution where we dynamically add a form
> to the component tree if that is necessary...
I know (or I think I know ;-) ) , you dont like to instrument the view
tree, but in an custom view handler this can easily be done.
e.g. you can take the children of the f:view component and feed them
into an h:form which is then the only child of f:view
But okay, lets discuss this when its time :-)

Ciao,
Mario