myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles DEMARTY" <gilles.dema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confirm JSF button click
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 13:12:07 GMT
Hi guys,

> Is it possible to have a confirm popup (for example use javascript confirm)
> on a button created with a JSF impementation, e.g. MyFaces, Tomahawk. The
> functionality I am looking for is that the user can click a button to close
> the browser window, but he must confirm it by click OK on the popup or
> Cancel if he does not want to close the window.

What about create a <x:confirmAction for="anId" /> that would use a
dojo modal Dialog widget [1] to remplace this ugly alert() or
confirm() window. It would look more pro and "Ajax-Dojo-enabled"(or
whatever the buzz word is), would looks the same in all the browsers
and fills all the requirements.

[1] http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Dialog.html

my $ .02
Gilles