myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's a POJSO ?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 06:11:26 GMT
On 4/3/06, Dennis Byrne <dennis@dbyrne.net> wrote:

> >Since you never answered the question in your subject line :-), I am
> >presuming that POJSO means Plain Old JavaScript Object, right?
>
> Oops, yes.  BTW, "POJSO javascript" has no results in google, so this is
> hot stuff ;)

/me just burned my fingers on the keyboard :-)

>Given that, JSON has primitives for the Java->JS conversions (things like
> >JSONStringer and JSONWriter) in addition to the primitives for
> JS->Java.  Is
> >what you are after some sort of wrapper around this (that avoids all the
> low
> >level mechanics to assemble the JSON stream)?  That would seem like a
> pretty
> >nice gadget to have in your toolbox when you have a nice set of POJOs
> >modelling the data on the server side already.
>
> Hmmm ... it looks like their license is compatible as well.
> http://www.json.org/license.html
>
> >Encapsulating something like this in JSF components would be duck soup
> >maybe <t:saveJSON> instead of <t:saveState> :-)
>
> Interesting you mention this, as UISaveState is about 20 lines of java.

True, but it cheats a bit ... it relies on the fact that POJOs know how to
serialize themselves already.  We might be able to mine things like Commons
Betwixt (POJO-->XML) for useful ideas.  And, of course, the underlying
functionality should be available via a Java API as well, to facilitate its
use in AJAX event handlers.

>Dennis Byrne
> >>
> >> Craig
>
> Dennis Byrne