myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <den...@dbyrne.net>
Subject Re: What's a POJSO ?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 06:38:18 GMT
>True, but it cheats a bit ... it relies on the fact that POJOs know how to
>serialize themselves already.  We might be able to mine things like Commons
>Betwixt (POJO-->XML) for useful ideas.

I touched on part of this in the first email.  I can't say I've used Betwixt.  I definetly
know how I would like it in a 1.5 world.  Say you had a business object with a property that
was to be ignored.  You would use the "transient" keyword to avoid Serialization.  You could
use @Transient so that the ORM would ignore it.  I think you follow ...

>And, of course, the underlying
>functionality should be available via a Java API as well, to facilitate its
>use in AJAX event handlers.

I am not sure I follow on the second part here.  Are you thinking of a server side saved view
and/or model ?  One that could be syncronized with client side entity instances?

Dennis Byrne