myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggestion: Jira issues for all non-sandbox changes
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:49:38 GMT
One of the things we do for the Cayenne project which has really
helped the Cayenne team out is to create a Jira issue for all changes.
  This makes creating release notes (as well as tracking behavior
changes) easy -- there's always a record of it in issue tracking
system.

I'd like to suggest that MyFaces begins to do the same thing for Impl
and Tomahawk.   I don't consider it to be as important for sandbox
components.

As things stand, someone might fix an unreported bug in snapshot, but
someone else using a released version reports it later, and no one
(other than the fixer) knows that it's already been taken care of.

Worse is the case where someone changes behavior, creating a new
problem "somewhere" in the code, but no one knows who or exactly where
short of searching through every commit message, and the original
person changing the code isn't monitoring the discussion on the issue.