myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: default AutoScroll setting depends on Tomahawk
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:04:18 GMT
On 4/11/06, Mario Ivankovits (JIRA) <dev@myfaces.apache.org> wrote:
> We need to update the documentation.
> I dont know when this changed and who it was, but the ExtensionsFilter is
> required to add the javascript required by myfaces e.g. to handle the
> scrolling stuff.

Mario.

The problem isn't that Tomahawk is needed to make autoscrolling work.
The problem is that MyFaces without tomahawk doesn't work if it's enabled.

If autoscrolling is part of Tomahawk (the location could be argued
either way in my opinion) rather than part of impl, then the
autoscroll setting in the web.xml file should be ignored if tomahawk
isn't installed.

Instead, the autoscroll setting is being checked, and the impl assumes
that Tomahawk is going to be in place to handle the javascript being
generated.

Unfortunately, in all of the MyFaces example web.xml files, this value
is set true by default, causing MyFaces to unexpectly break when used
without Tomahawk.

It's affecting a large number of users in a way that is
incredibily-difficult to diagnose.