myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Geiler" <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Important] Ugly bug in core pom.xml for 1.1.2 and 1.1.3
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:35:10 GMT
On 4/24/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is the wrong way to fix it.  I'm not sure what changing
> the releases enabled to false does (maybe someone can answer that) but
> here's the way I see the problem.

This IS the right way. Believe me.
The <snapshot> element without content is a syntax error - have a look at
maven docs!

What we try to tell Maven is:
Use the url http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository to download
snapshots, but do not use this url to seek release artifacts.
The correct syntax is to explicitly enable this repository for snapshots but
disable it for releases.

Actually when you build a custom project with a
myfaces-impl-1.1.2dependency Maven
2.0.4 tries to download the myfaces-master-1.0.1 release(!) from
http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository, which is subject to fail of
course.
Try it out!

This is the only build problem with the 1.1.2 core release. There is no
issue regarding myfaces-shared.

1.1.2 branch does not build b/c the myfaces-shared stuff is not in
> ibiblio.  Its ok that these shared artifacts are not in ibiblio
> (that's what we wanted), they just need to be available in our own
> MyFaces repository.  (See my earlier post)

I think you got me wrong here. I did not try to build the 1.1.2 branch. What
I meant: when you build a project that DEPENDS on 1.1.2 core, then you run
into problems.

In the short run to build core-1.1.2 and core-1.1.3 you just need to
> check out the appropriate shared and maven branches and build on your
> local machine.
>
> For all releases going forward I think we update the master pom stuff
> and add a reference to a new myfaces repo which contains the shared
> artifacts.  That's actually why I'm holding off on the vote for the
> 1.1.3 core b/c we really need this going forward.
>
> I'm going to revert your change for now.

Please leave my changes. They are ok.
We should also try to fix the releases myfaces-core-project-1.1.2.pom ASAP.

Manfred