myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: AJAX functionality in MyFaces
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:13:36 GMT
Hi!
> If we rely on our "affectedAjaxComponent" approach (seeking comp and
> calling methods on it) we are little bit restricted in coding.
If this mean that we can update only one component per request, then I
would like to see to at least extends this approach.

Beside the fact that a component would like to update its own
data/layout/etc I would like to be able to update other components too.

Say if you have a button "calculate" this should update the model and
then update the output of n other components.
Something like zones in ajaxanywhere (partial page rendering).

Or is this wish out of scope of the current discussion?

Ciao,
Mario