myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Richard van Nieuwenhoven <...@cfc.at>
Subject MyFaces Tobago bugfix in SelectManyRendererBase
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:52:59 GMT
Hello,

first of all thanks, great work!
I think i found a bug in the class
org.apache.myfaces.tobago.renderkit.SelectManyRendererBase. it can take
an Object array as selected-object getter but needs a setter with a
String[].
The information how to convert a Object into a String and back is
normaly done with a javax.faces.convert.Converter but not in this case.....

I changed the last part of the decode method to:

    Object [] convertedValue = null;
    if (newValue == null) {
        convertedValue = new Object[0]; // because no selection will not
submitted by browsers
    }else {
        convertedValue = new Object[newValue.length];
        for (int index=0;index < newValue.length;index++)
                convertedValue[index] = getConvertedValue(facesContext,
component, newValue[index]);
    }

    uiSelectMany.setValue(convertedValue);

The situation improved now, but the setter must now have a parameter of
type Object[].... I would like to use the specific type-array, but for
that i have to know the specific-type in the decode method (to create
the array in the correct type). the best solution would be if the "Apply
Request Values"  did the conversion from Object[] to SpecificType[].

regards,
Ritchie

P.S. is this the correct mailing list to report a MyFaces Tobago bugfix?