myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Important] Ugly bug in core pom.xml for 1.1.2 and 1.1.3
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:15:00 GMT
For what it is worth, I have been using MyFaces 1.1.1 inside a web
application built via Maven 2.0.4. To upgrade to 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT of
MyFaces and Tomahawk I made the following changes to pom.xml

1) Removed the MyFaces 1.1.1 dependencies
     <dependency>
       <groupId>myfaces</groupId>
       <artifactId>myfaces-impl</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>myfaces</groupId>
       <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.1</version>
     </dependency>

2) Added MyFaces 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT dependencies. (Notice myfaces-api is a
    new dependency)
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
       <artifactId>myfaces-api</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
       <artifactId>myfaces-impl</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk</groupId>
       <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>

3) Added the Apache snapshot repository.
   <repositories>
      <repository>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
          <id>apache-maven-snapshots</id>
          <url>http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>

The web application built cleanly and ran as expected.

Paul Spencer