myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: RESTful JSF
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:23:14 GMT
jacob@hookom.net schrieb:
> From experimenting with going stateless in JSF, and Adam's work on state saving deltas,
we allow the view to be created up front with Facelets-- from file-- fresh on a request.
So even without any viewstate passed, you basically get a snapshot of the same, declarative,
tree for processing updates/validators/actions/etc.

Yes, but - if possible - we should not make facelets a requirement. Dont
get me wrong, facelets are great for sure, but Martin pointed out a way
to do the same with jsp (eventually) by early "servlet.forward" to the
jsp page and get access to the view then. (with discard the output - if
any - which should not be if the user is going the mini-controller way)
Later the default servlet.forward take place - if still required :-)

This "double forward" is only necessary for get requests.

Not as nice as facelets, but avoids this dependency if the user do not
use them.
---
Mario