myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Context configuration parameter name
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 05:19:17 GMT
Hi!

I dont want to be an asshole - so sorry in advance :-) -, but maybe we
should find a standard how to name our context configuration parameter
names.

In the past we had the scheme "org.apache.myfaces.XXXXX" where XXXX is
upper case only.

Now I've seen we got some new configuration parameters named:

org.apache.myfaces.validate
and
org.apache.myfaces.secret.cache et al

which is against this naming pattern.
If others dont think its mandatory to follow this scheme I'll be fine
too (I wont start a war to archive it ;-) )
I just wanted to bring this up now, once the user use them it might be
hard to change it.

If we would  like to go the lower-case pattern way, I'll propose to add
lower-case aliases to our current names.

Ciao,
Mario