myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: Detection of ExtensionsFilter - please check
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:56:02 GMT
Hi!
> Oh well, let us know what you do ;)

What a nice run - its in now.

Now, as soon as someone tries to access the AddResource stuff it will be
checked if the ExtensionsFilter is correctly configured.
This will be done by checking:
1) if the extensionsFilter were called within the current request
2) if the web.xml contains an extensionFilter config which is suitable
to serve our resources

for point 2) this is if
1) there is a filter with class
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter or
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter
2) pointing to /faces/* or /faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*

To make point 2 work I used the sax parser to parse the web.xml with an
very minimalistic WebXmlHandler.

The check will be done only once (per application) at the first request
which calls AddResourceFactory.getInstance()

Whats missing now is the wiki-page
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFacesExtensionsFilter where we describe
how to configure the filter - maybe someone else can do this please. Or
point me to a page where this has already been done - I just couldnt
find one. The exception thrown points to this location.

You can disable all the above checks (aka old behaviour) by adding
org.apache.myfaces.CHECK_EXTENSIONS_FILTER = false
to your web.xml context configuration.

Ciao,
Mario