myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [important] 1.5 in core
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 00:21:32 GMT
> There is a call to StringBuffer.insert(int, ILjava/lang/CharSequence;) in JspStateManagerImpl.getPathToComponent
.  This insert() method was introduced in java 1.5 .  Continuum and our compilers have ignored
this for months and probably just coerced the second arg into Object.

> Are the binaries in the new MyFaces repo being built with the same compiler options as
the nightly build process?

Yes the same machine (our zone) but its a 1.5 JDK.

> This is holding up the release because of a method not found error.  I am running low
on time right now so I would appreciate it if others can look into this also.

Which package?  Shared or core?  I agree, this should be fixed ASAP.
I will try to find time tomorrow but its better if someone else fix
first so I can use my time to rebuild the release candidate.

> Dennis Byrne

Sean