myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles DEMARTY" <gilles.dema...@gmail.com>
Subject 'Progress Bar' component
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:49:58 GMT
Hi guys,

The java guys have defined as blueprint a ProgressBar component ([1] &
[2]). Is there anyone working on somethink looking like this in
sandbox ? Does it sounds a good idea ?

I'm looking both in sandbox components and DOJO widjets and i've seen
nothing looking like that.
I need it in some corporate developments and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

If nothing is already done, i would work on it with my (not that big)
knowledge of JSF component development and AJAX development.

Typical use are :
 * unknown progression bar with a bar that is filling and unfilling
continuesly, based of a flag taskCompled
 * progression bar like the one shown [2], with a float between 0 and
1. In that  case, we surely can 'evaluate' the remaining time base of
the completion and the time it took to do it.

Any other ideas  ?

Gilles

[1] : https://blueprints.dev.java.net/complib/v2/progress-bar.html
[2] : https://blueprints.dev.java.net/complib/images/progress-bar.jpg