myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Ajax form
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:34:09 GMT
Travis Reeder schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Been a bit out of the loop for the past few weeks, I am just wondering
> if there has been much going on with the ajax sandbox components?  There
> was talk of making them dojo'd ;), so just wondering if that has happened.

Yes... the dojo codebase now is in the sandbox, and the apis have
stabilized to a good degree (no big changes there anymore in the last 10
days)
The dojo apis are mostly a tools class which allows a centrally
controlled usage of dojo infrastructure, and it was developed with the
components so things might be missing which will be added.

Currently dojoized components are the value change notifier, which uses
dojo heavily (which is under construction until the 27th)
the ajax autocomplete and table complete, which surely but slowly also
reaches a usable state and from my side a pagelet component is in the
works (which the first version will be checked in around the 27th as
well, but that one for a starter will be ie only for now, due to the
tight timeframe I have on this)
which will allow editable page parts with a html editor and an
integrated spellcher in a full screen view popup.

Also dojoized is a dojoInitializer component which allows quick hacking
and testing of dojo code within a form.

Thats the status for now.

After that after the next stable I probably will start to push the dojo
codebase (the javascripts and tools classes) from the sandbox into the
tomahawk area, because we have several components in tomahawk which
would get rid of a lot of problems by using dojo instead of our own
grown codebase. Also there is an interesting projekt on the net by one o
f our regular posters here, who has done interesting work on the dojo
integration in jsf himself, which I should look into for merging in code
from there.