myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\)" <bc1...@att.com>
Subject RE: Servers to Test
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:04:31 GMT
I haven't run the MyFaces examples on WebSphere, but we've been using
the MyFaces JSF implementation (and various MyFaces components)
successfully in production applications running on WebSphere 5.1.  We've
also got it working on WebSphere 6.0 (provided that we delete the two
JSF-related JAR files from the WebSphere installation directory that
conflict with MyFaces).  It works in the test environments provided by
the IDEs WSAD 5.1 and RSA 6.0 as well.

- Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: sia far [mailto:sia_far@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:02 AM
To: dev@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Servers to Test

Hello Everyone:

I noticed it is mentioned on myfaces page that it is tested against
Websphere 5.1.2. The latest fixpack upgrades websphere 5.1 to 5.1.1.9 (I
am
not aware of 5.1.2, my assumption is it was run from within WSAD 5.1.2
running WAS 5.1).  I tried to run the samples both on our production (we

have multiple servers defined) and test server ( version 5.1.1.6) . I
was
not even were able to start the server.

Then I tried to run the examples in WSAD version 5.1.2 running websphere

5.1. Again the same problem. The only server I was successful to deploy
myfaces example was 6.0.2.7, though some pages threw tons of errors and
fail.

I was thinking if myfaces get tested against websphere 6.0.x. If no, I
will
be glad to test them against WAS 6.0.x, provided that I get the
instruction
on how to run them.

informally, I have been trying to deploy examples on WAS 6.0.2.7, I have
had
numerous problems and the candiate release gave me tons of problems as
well.
Just to be precise, I was trying to deploy them on Rational Software
Architect 6.0.1.1 running WAS  6.0.2.7.