myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sean Schofield" <>
Subject Re: Status of New Release
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:13:19 GMT
I haven't reviewed those discussions.  Are any of these issues so
problematic that we don't want to release for several weeks?  That's
the real decision here.  I agree that its a bit awkward to have to
configure the logging with shared_impl and shared_tomahawk but
ultimately I think the benefits of the shared solution outweigh the

Whatever solution we come up to solve the shared problem, its likely
to have a few drawbacks.  So my vote would be to go forward.

As for the sandbox, that's not an issue right now since we are
planning on releasing the core for now (and then tomahawk.)  So we can
cover that when the time comes.


On 3/29/06, Dennis Byrne <> wrote:
> >Basically I think the plan should be to merge down this single change.
> > Create new branches for the core and shared.  Release shared.  Test
> >Core and release core.  Before making the new branches I will change
> >the dependency to the latest shale-test which is now available.
> Were there any conclusions from the discussion Mario started a while back?  There are
a lot of classes that use scoped objects keyed by package name.
> What do we tell people about logging ?  Currently people have to do things like this:
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.StateUtils=TRACE
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.StateUtils=TRACE
> Any conclusions on Simon's static logger discussion ?
> I will help fix any of these.
> Dennis Byrne

View raw message