myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject StartupServletContextListener in tomhawk-sandbox-examples web.xml but not in examples-simple web.xml
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:28:20 GMT
We have inconsistently defined a listener entry in the
tomahawk-sandbox-examples web.xml file but not in the
myfaces-example-simple web.xml file.

<listener>
  <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>

I found out because sandbox examples work as-is with jetty 5.1.8, but
the simple examples do not.

I'm guessing we want to remove the listener declaration from sandbox.
I wouldn't be opposed to adding it to simple, though :)

I'm guessing it's problematic to have the listener defined in both the
tld file and the web.xml file on most containers, but I don't know for
sure.

-Mike