myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Split Up JIRA Projects
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:21:18 GMT
On 2/14/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding commons, most users will not be sophisticated enough to know
> that the bug is in commons instead of the core or tomahawk.  They will
> report them in both regardless of what we tell them.  Maybe we do have
> a commons instance as well and we can move them there as they are
> *fixed* (or reported if we happen to catch them.)  Then when we
> release core or tomahawk we can include the release notes for the
> relevant version of commons as well.
>
> This commons thing is tricky.  I'm not sure the best way to handle it.
>  Do we really want to manage separate JIRA instance for commons?
>
> One more idea.  You can have custom fields with JIRA.

No, we don't want to have a separate JIRA instance for commons.  I
like the idea of custom field to mitigate some of this -- +1 for that.

However, for those users who do know the affected code is in commons
(improvement and feature requests by component developers), I'd
recommend that we instruct them to file against tomahawk as that's the
most appropriate.

I'm +1 on the splitting up the jira stuff after hearing comments on it
and seeing the category grouping.