myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tobago and ADF --> Was .. Re: [proposal] Split Up JIRA Projects
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:05:31 GMT
On 2/14/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting proposal but I don't we have to address this just yet.
> But since you brought it up, do you think its possible that ADF and
> Tobago could merge into a single project?  I don't know enough about
> either to say for sure.
>
> I'm -1 on having saveState in 3 separate projects (tomahawk, tobago
> and adf.)  Why would it need to be in commons when it could just be in
> tomahawk?  Is there anything in tobago that *requires* save state?  Or
> is more accurate to say tobago provides a save state and so does
> tomahawk?  Again, I'm not too familiar with tobago ATM (but I will
> learn!)

I'm still under the impression that the eventual goal is for Togabo,
ADF Faces, and Tomahawk to merge.   Is this wrong?

If it's correct, then everything that can be "shared" among the
subprojects should be in Tomahawk, and everything else needs to
gradually migrate to tomahawk.   The stuff which should be easy to
migrate over would include things like converters, validators,
non-rendering components, and filters like the non-faces servlet
filter.

If we're not planning to merge them, or it becomes technically
impossible to do so, then we need to create a new subproject so that
the sharable stuff above is shared between all three subprojects.