myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "John Fallows" <john.r.fall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSF 1.2 in a Maven 1 Repo
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:33:47 GMT
On 2/18/06, Ed Burns <ed.burns@sun.com> wrote:

> john.r.fallows@gmail.com> said:
>
> JF> Wendy is exactly right.  Of course, it would be much more convenient
> JF> if the JSF 1.2 jars were on ibiblio.org to avoid the extra
> JF> configuration to pick up the java.netrepository.
>
> "much", I don't know about that.  How hard is one line?

one / zero = infinity ;-)

I agree though, at least there is only one line in the pom.xml shared by all
users as opposed to one line of extra configuration *per user* as originally
posted.

JF> I believe there is work already underway to establish an automatic
> JF> sync for some of the java.net artifacts to ibiblio.org.
>
> There are legal issues that must be resolved to make this happen.
> Believe me, I had to work with lawyers just to enable getting the jars
> out on java.net.

Yep, guessed as much - that's why I was wondering if any additional progress
had been made on this front at the same time.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.
--
http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044