myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing public from interface
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:29:17 GMT
I'm having a good laugh here ;)

It's interesting how long we can keep ourselves busy with something like that.

For the interested - a short history of the "_" in MyFaces:

MyFaces was originally started as a project for an inhouse-application
of the OeKB (http://www.oekb.at), and the OeKB has this internal
code-style rules which prescribe an "_" in front of private fields
(yes, exactly for the VI-editor users under the OeKB developers, yes,
there are still some ;). Now when the project went to SourceForge, no
one did take the time to change this, and when we went further to the
ASF, no one thought about that as well.

So this is why we have this _ in place right now - as my most
preferred IDE (IntelliJ) copes with this real well (you change a
setting, and you have _ support in place), this is not a religious
thing for me.

I don't have a problem if someone goes through all the code and does a
clean-up - but do we really want to do that?

Bernd - even though you're disappointed - would you really take the
time to clean that up?

Wouldn't be too easy, right?

regards,

Martin