myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Volker Weber <users.myfa...@weber-oldenburg.de>
Subject Re: Removing public from interface
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:59:14 GMT

Martin Marinschek wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Volker, are you annoyed with this enough to go through the existing
> code and remove all _ and replace them with this. statements, where
> necessary?

Is it a prerequisite converting existing code before we can agree to
another convention? If so than it sould also a prerequisite to convert
all existing code do follow this, before we agree to hold such a convention.

I personaly have no problem with leading '_', nor with most other
conventions which don't fit my preferences.
But according to
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFaces_Developer_Notes
we should use suns code conventions for everything not documented
otherwhere. I can't find any rule to use '_' as prefix. And sun
explicitly ban this.
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc8.html

Sean Schofield wrote:
> Lets all agree that in the end its more important that there be a
> standard rather then what that standard is.  I'm ok with whatever you
> guys come up with (including the Sun style) but I won't be spending
> any time volunteering to refactor things for code style since I can
> easily live with what we have.

full ACK

regards,
  Volker