myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Danner, Russ" <Dann...@csps.com>
Subject RE: future vision for MyFaces "commons"
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:52:16 GMT
To this point.  I would really like to see some of the faces rendering
implementation technologies getting together and making child standard APIS.

Let me explain:  If you look at the RI, they have a set of utils for
handling the creation of Javascript, hidden fields, etc. MyFaces has it's
own.  It would be nice for there to be a FACES-HTML child standard.  It
would enable us to write more portable render kits.

-Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:mkienenb@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:47 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: future vision for MyFaces "commons"

On 2/22/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> ensuring developers can rely on our public API's.  From my perspective
> we are in the business of providing a JSF implementation and a series
> of components and addons for use in any JSF implementation.

And how are we going to develop components?  By reinventing the wheel
every time?

There's certainly a class of common building blocks that can and
should be considered a public API.

Why should every single component developer have to reinvent fetching
localized messages?   Or evaluating value bindings in a consistent
manner?