myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons/shared refactoring status] shared is ready, myfaces-impl is done
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:32:42 GMT
Manfred,

I am unable to build the core.  I get the following error message:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\open-source\myfaces-core-1.1.2\impl\build.xml:30: D:\open-source\myfaces-core
-1.1.2\impl\target\refactored-shared-sources\main\resources not found.
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made some progress on the merge but I will need to resolve this
before I can check in.

Sean

On 2/28/06, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I did some major modifications:
>  * shared module does not longer have submodules, instead the
> refactoring is now done directly in impl and tomahawk
>  * shared creates two artifacts: one myfaces-shared-X.Y.Z.jar and one
> myfaces-shared-X.Y.Z-sources.jar
>  * myfaces-shared-X.Y.Z.jar contains the pre-refactore shared classes
> is not needed (ie. no other project should depend on it and it will
> never be part of an assembly)
>  * myfaces-shared-X.Y.Z-sources.jar contains all sources and resources
> and is used to "transfer" the shared sources two impl and tomahawk
>  * impl and tomahawk now both take the
> myfaces-shared-X.Y.Z-sources.jar, unpack and refactor the sources and
> finally compile the modified shared classes together with there own
> classes
>
> There are still some quirks with the simple examples. So, please stay
> tuned or better: Please help to find the cause.
>
> Note: We are still speaking of core and tomahawk on branches 1_1_2
> until Sean is finsihed with merging down the trunk.
>
> Thanks,
> Manfred
>

> On 2/28/06, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, then I made things even worse with my last checkin...
> > There are now no more relative paths without a basedir, but in
> > addition to depending on the parent src I have also added one central
> > build.xml into the parent dir. So, this one won't work with continuum
> > as well. :-(
> >
> > To be compatible to continuum one must not depend on directory
> > hierarchy. Is that really true?
> > What is the solution? Modify shared so that it produces a jar with
> > source files, that the two subprojects depend on? That will make the
> > build process even more complex than it is right now.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Manfred
> >

> > On 2/28/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > OK the problem is that continuum puts each build in its own build with
> > > a version number.  Say you build shared first, it goes in
> > > working-directory/102.  Then you build shared-impl and it will have
> > > its own build number.  It goes in working-directory/103.  The two
> > > builds are not necessarily in the same directory.
> > >
> > > You can reproduce this problem (I think) by checking out *only* the
> > > shared-impl dir and trying to build it.  The parent artifact is
> > > available in the apache snapshot repos now (thanks to continuum) and
> > > also probably exists in your local repos.  Yet you can't build because
> > > you are assuming a complete directory hiearchy.
> > >
> > > This is probably only relevant to continuum since I don't think there
> > > is much of a reason to try the usecase I have mentioned above.  Still
> > > if there is a way to get the src from the snapshot jar of the parent
> > > process that would be nice.
> > >
> > > Sean

I will explain
In addition to