myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch available in JIRA
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:42:29 GMT
I tried modifying the workflow but its tricky with JIRA.  You can't
change an active workflow so you have to create a new one and then
migrate your projects to a new workflow scheme.  I was only able to
migrate Tobago.  I get a 503 server error when I try to change the
workflow schemes of other projects.  The ASF JIRA box is notoriously
problematic so I'll try later.

Sean

> Because there's no way to detect the presence of a real patch (even if
> we could detect attachments), I think we need two options -- one to
> specify there's now a patch, and one to say there's no longer a patch.
>
> It's possible that someone could submit a patch that was rejected in
> addition to providing no patch.
>
> -Mike
>

> On 2/27/06, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is no way to revert although I could add one.  The difficulty
> > will be in determining what state to put it back in ...
> >
> > There's no easy way to require a patch.  I don't think we can check
> > for the presence of an attachment.
> >
> > Sean
> >
> > On 2/25/06, Dennis Byrne <dennis@dbyrne.net> wrote:
> > > Without logging in to JIRA, I was able to the change the status of MYFACES-1149
to "Patch Available" .

> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1149?page=all
> > >
> > > I did this accidently a few days ago - I seem to remember clicking on a "Provide
Patch" link .  Now, even though I am logged in, I cannot see how to revert the status ; even
using the "Edit this issue" link.  Also, can we prevent this situation in the future by requiring
a patch when a user changes the status of an issue to "Patch Available".