myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject [proposal] Split Up JIRA Projects
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:51:38 GMT
I propose we split up some of the JIRA projects.  Right now everything
is lumped under MYFACES.  I haven't though through all the details but
I thought I would throw out a starter proposal to get the discussion
going.  I think we should try to act on this soon and then publish
more instructions on the website about how to report issues.

I propose we have the following projects: MYFACES, TOMAHAWK, TOBAGO.
The current MYFACES instance will be just for the core.  We move all
of the tomahawk (and sandbox) stuff into the new TOMAHAWK one.  The
TOBAGO one will be all of the stuff that's in their incubator section
now.

My thinking is that we do NOT have a separate project for commons.
Ultimately I think this will confuse the users.  We can report them in
MYFACES instead.

Also in the TOMAHAWK project we could add the actual components as
JIRA components and start reporting the bugs against the specific
components.  I think that will be helpful also.

Finally, we should start using 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT, etc. as version numbers
instead of nightly.  Then when releasing we add a 1.1.X version and
change the resolved in 1.1.X-SNAPSHOT to resolved in 1.1.X.

We'll have to clear it with INFRA (about having two extra projects)
but I don't really see the big deal.

Thoughts?

Sean