myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: test build deps between different projects
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:18:00 GMT
Craig,

Do you think we can count on another (more up to date) release of
Shale in the next month or so?  It can be alpha, beta or final - it
doesn't matter.  We just need to be able to rely on a maven artifact
that is not SNAPSHOT.

@ Dennis,

I think its safe to add a *test* dependency to the shale mock stuff.
Just don't check it in until we make our branch for the upcoming
release.  (I'll try and get to that today.)  Then hopefully we can get
another Shale release by the time we need to release the core again.
If not, we can always take out the unit tests (temporarily) before we
release.

Ultimately if you don't mind doing the work on this I think its a
great idea.  I made the point on the list a while ago that it doesn't
really make sense for us to be maintaining two sets of mock objects
between the two projects.  So lets start with the new tests you are
writing and then once we know for sure that we can depend on another
Shale release you can convert the rest (if you're up to it.)

If you need to patch the mock stuff let me know and I can commit your
patches since I'm a committer on that project as well.

Regards,

Sean