myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSF 1.2 now !?!
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:36:06 GMT
-0 on making trunk a JSF1.2 project.

There is a whole lot of work still to be done to stabilise the 1.1.x
series; the JIRA issues list alone shows that. I would prefer to see the
main emphasis be on getting a "finished" release of the 1.1 spec rather
than on having an incomplete 1.1 and an incomplete 1.2 concurrently.
That doesn't mean that work on 1.2 features can't happen; just I think
that trunk (which is the easiest and most obvious place to work) should
stay with 1.1.x until all the major JIRA issues are fixed. Patches for
the 1.1.x series can be applied to "trunk", then merged to the 1.2
branch at leisure; this seems more sensible than having things the other
way around.

Regards,

Simon